Kazidomi & Shippr: meeting the growing demand for deliveries due to Covid-19
Kazidomi, the new generation e-commerce organic supermarket, uses Shippr to deliver a same-day delivery experience to its consumers & achieve 300% growth in one weekend during Covid-19.
An online dietetic supermarket
Kazidomi has been created as an online dietetic supermarket where you can buy only high-quality, organic, healthy products, the dream of its founder Emna Evrard: shopping healthy with your eyes closed. Customers who are paying the annual subscription fee of €80 are benefiting from discounted prices up to 50% off on all products, offering unbeatable prices in the dietetics/organic sector.
Grown from 3 to 50 employees in 3 years, the brand keeps its promises and extends its deliveries to further regions in Europe and beyond. COVID-19 has been a reality check, as there have been a sudden rise of e-commerce shopping and shipping especially for daily produces such as the ones Kazidomi provides.
“We had accumulated some delay, but we have caught up in two days thanks to Shippr and the little hands that came to help out at the warehouse”
The impact of Covid-19
With the spectacular demand due to Covid-19 lockdown, Kazidomi accumulated delay in order preparation and shipping.
- Preparation time per package was challenging to reduce.
- Parcels were distributed via an ordinary postal flow going through sorting centers: lost or broken items was a result. Packaging must then be increased and preparation time per parcel as well.
- Parcels were distributed in Day 1 or Day 2 or 3 not offering a competitive advantage among the other e-commerce players.
- Kazidomi has strong sustainable values and wants to reduce their environmental footprint and logistics is an important part of it.
Kazidomi decided to partner with Shippr for its regional logistics. Shippr offers a delivery platform and the delivery services that go with it. From that moment on, Kazidomi could deliver another delivery experience to its clients:
- Same day delivery is the new norm: a client ordering before 10am receives his purchase the same day in the afternoon-evening. The client can be delivered 7/7 which is very new to them.
- The daily delivery rounds are automated by Shippr: the list of drops addresses is sent at the end of the morning and couriers are at the warehouse in the afternoon.
- Real-time tracking enables a high FTR (First Time Ride)
- The Shippr delivery service is tailor-made and therefore allows a high degree of customisation for each customer: for Kazidomi, fixed couriers take care of the deliveries and this has improved customer satisfaction.
It resulted immediately in the following wins:
"The partnership with Shippr enabled Kazidomi to catch up with the operational delay in one weekend.”
- Less packaging
Less packaging necessary as the route is direct from the warehouse to the customers (bye bye broken or lost items!)
- Reducing preparation time
Reducing the preparation time per box by 5 minutes (cutting costs drastically in the operations)
- Cutting costs
Higher FTR (First time Ride), reducing time spent by the customer service to manage parcels not being delivered
- Better clients retention
Due to the higher satisfaction of clients
Read more on Kazidomi's interview about their collaboration
Working with Shippr is really simple. It was directly adopted by all our operational teams. The platform is easy to use, you don't get lost in it, it is straight to the point. The couriers are great, friendly and constructive. They quickly bonded with the team and even wear our t-shirts when delivering to customers!
Onboard the most powerful
And start having awesome deliveries